Seizure or Freezing Funds in a Hong Kong Bank Account
Internet fraud is rampant and Hong Kong is a key target for the transfer of stolen funds. Digitpol, a Cyber Crime Investigation Agency provides operational and forensic support to firms that have fallen victim to BEC fraud, email fraud, invoice fraud and the stolen funds have been wired to bank accounts in Hong Kong. Digitpol provides assistance to foreign firms by acting on their behalf locally in Hong Kong. Digitpol's legal partner is an expert in the recovery of funds in Hong Kong and mainland China, jointly the combination of investigative support and legal services we offer International firms rapid response expertise to assist with the investigation, seizure and recovery of stolen funds.
If you have transferred funds to a bank account in Hong Kong, the following is urgent.
- Immediately alert your bank the transaction is fraudulent. This is most urgent.
- Report the incident as soon as possible to your local police in the country you reside in. Obtain the Police report or case number
- Report the case to the Hong Kong Police. Obtain the Police report or case number.
- When required, engage Digitpol and its legal team to act for you in Hong Kong to examine the evidence, prepare a report, investigate the case, and liaise with the Authorities and the Banks.
- If you are physically located in Hong Kong, go directly to a Police station, and bring all the evidence with you.
- Before you submit data to us, watch the step by step explainer on what to do if your a victim of Stock or Investment Fraud What To Do If Your a Victim of Fraud
When Digitpol is engaged, we will immediately contact the receiving banks security department and put them on notice of the fraud. If the report is filled in time there is a high possibility that the fraudster's bank account can be seized and the funds frozen.
In the majority of cases related to Internet Fraud, the evidence of a crime is digital evidence, Digitpol can assist with a forensic report that details how the fraud took place and the examination of forensic evidence such as digital data, computer forensics and server logs. Digitpol will present your case to the Police and its legal partner can take civil action when required.