Hong Kong Stock Fraud
Stock Broker Fraud in Hong Kong
Digitpol conducts investigations into Stock Broker Fraud and Investment Fraud, such crimes are rising rapidly, scams such as stock fraud, issuing of shares, broker fraud and investment scams are all well organized and not easily to detect. Digitpol has seen an increase in Investment and stockbroker scams targeting Hong Kong. Digitpol’s operational units deploy daily to assist with the checks on issued shares, validate share certificates, validate investment firms offering such sales and to report crimes to the Police and liaise with banks and legal authorities to recover funds.
Dating Investment Scams Hong Kong:
The common modus operandi of stock and investment fraud is people meet each other online within a chat or dating app and the person steers you to investments, shortly afterwards that person, typically they will introduce you to an investor or an agent, if this happens, stop and report the case. Genuine investors don't use such platforms.
If you have transferred funds to a fraudulent bank account in Hong Kong, the following is urgent.
- Immediately alert your bank the transaction is fraudulent. This is most urgent.
- Report the incident as soon as possible to your local police in the country you reside in. Obtain the Police report or case number
- Report the case to the Hong Kong Police. Obtain the Police report or case number.
- When required, engage Digitpol and its legal team to act for you in Hong Kong to examine the evidence, prepare a report, investigate the case, and liaise with the Authorities and the Banks.
- If your physically located in Hong Kong, go directly to a Police station, and bring all the evidence with you.
- Before you submit data to us, watch the step by step explainer on what to do if your a victim of Stock or Investment Fraud What To Do If Your a Victim of Stock Fraud
When Digitpol is engaged, we will immediately contact the receiving banks security department and put them on notice of the fraud.
In the majority of cases related to Investment fraud, the evidence of a crime is digital evidence, Digitpol can assist with compiling a forensic report that details how the fraud took place and the examination of forensic evidence such as digital data, computer forensics and server logs. Digitpol will present your case to the Police and its legal partner can take civil action when required.
To check if a Hong Kong company has a license to trade Securities and Futures or if the company has been published on the Alert List of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) you can check licensed operators on the website of SFC or the alert list: https://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/alert-list/all.html The information contained on the Alert List is provided as an early warning service to investors but is not a substitute for investors conducting their own due diligence by checking up on a particular entity.