Investment Fraud in Hong Kong
Investment Scam Investigation in Hong Kong
Digitpol conducts investigations into Stock Broker Fraud and Investment Fraud, such crimes are rising rapidly, scams such as stock fraud, broker fraud and investment scams are all well organised and not easily to detect. Digitpol has seen an increase in Investment scams targeting Hong Kong. Digitpol’s operational units deploy daily to assist with the investigation of unlicensed investment firms and the recovery of funds and seizure of rogue bank accounts that are used to facilitate the transfer of scammed funds, Digitpol assists with tracing the funds transferred overseas in cooperation and liaising with International Police and Banks. Digitpol has key relationships with the global banking industry.
If you have purchased shares in Hong Kong that you suspect to be fraudulent contact Digitpol to carry out checks and prepare a report, following that a complaint is necessary at the Hong Kong Police.
If you have transferred funds to a fraudulent bank account in Hong Kong, the following is urgent.
- Immediately alert your bank the transaction is fraudulent. This is most urgent.
- Report the incident as soon as possible to your local police in the country you reside in. Obtain the Police report or case number
- Report the case to the Hong Kong Police. Obtain the Police report or case number.
- When required, engage Digitpol and its legal team to act for you in Hong Kong to examine the evidence, prepare a report, investigate the case, and liaise with the Authorities and the Banks.
- If your physically located in Hong Kong, go directly to a Police station, and bring all the evidence with you.
- Before you submit data to us, watch the step by step explainer on what to do if your a victim of Stock or Investment Fraud What To Do If Your a Victim of Stock Fraud
When Digitpol is engaged, we will immediately contact the receiving banks security department and put them on notice of the fraud.
The evidence, the Police will first need to be satisfied that a crime is actually committed, this is done by the examination of evidence and the evidence that a crime took place. If sufficient evidence is presented the Police will take immediate action.
In the majority of cases related to Investment fraud, the evidence of a crime is digital evidence, Digitpol can assist with compiling a forensic report that details how the fraud took place and the examination of forensic evidence such as digital data, computer forensics and server logs. Digitpol will present your case to the Police and its legal partner can take civil action when required.