The Hong Kong FinTech Week 2020, the city’s flagship fintech event to be held from 2 to 6 November 2020, brings together the world’s top notch innovators, regulators, venture capitalists, investors and financiers to explore how fintech can unlock the power of financial services to drive positive impact for society and business. To be conducted in virtual form for the first time amid the COVID-19 challenges, the unparalleled speakers line-up is expected to draw more than 25,000 participants from over 70 economies.
The week-long event will focus on future fintech trends, growth opportunities in the finance sector, and the resilience and development of the Hong Kong and Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. There will also be AI-powered matchmaking, live chat networking opportunities, and Hong Kong cultural side events to facilitate interaction between participants.
Among the back-to-back sessions will be an opening keynote speech by Mr Eddie Yue, Chief Executive of the HKMA, which will highlight the HKMA’s upcoming fintech plans; as well as a panel discussion featuring top central bankers in the world, including Mr Yi Gang, Governor of the People’s Bank of China; Mr Agustín Carstens, General Manager of the Bank for International Settlements; and Mr Klaas Knot, President of De Nederlandsche Bank and Vice Chair of the Financial Stability Board. In addition to sharing their insights on the role of central banks in harnessing the benefits and managing the risks of the digital economy, the panellists would also shed light on the prospects for digital payments. Other HKMA-led sessions include:
- A speech by Mr Arthur Yuen, Deputy Chief Executive, on the promotion of Regtech adoption by the Hong Kong banking sector;
- “A glimpse into BIS Innovation Hub” panel discussion moderated by Mr Edmond Lau, Senior Executive Director; and joined by representatives from the BIS Innovation Hub Centres in Singapore and Switzerland. The panellists will examine the progress made so far and future developments across different BIS Innovation Hub centres;
- “TechChallenge – Digitising Trade Finance” panel discussion moderated by Mr Colin Pou, Executive Director (Financial Infrastructure); and joined by representatives from the Asian Development Bank, People’s Bank of China, World Economic Forum, and World Trade Organization. The panellists will discuss their organisations’ effort in facilitating trade digitalisation, the importance of cross-border collaboration, and future opportunities. The winners of TechChallenge will also be announced.
Hong Kong FinTech Week 2020 will also feature internationally renowned speakers, including (in alphabetical order of surnames):
- Mr Ray Dalio, Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-CIO, Bridgewater Associates
- Mr David Hanson, Founder & CEO, Hanson Robotics
- Mr Ray Kurzweil, World Leading Inventor & Futurist
- Mr Martin Lau, Executive Director & President, Tencent
- Dr Kai-Fu Lee, Chairman & CEO, Sinovation Ventures
- Mr Yuri Milner, Founder, DST Global
- Mr Noel Quinn, Group Chief Executive, HSBC
- Mr Jim Rogers, Investment Expert & Author
- Mr Neil Shen, Steward of Sequoia Capital; Founding & Managing Partner of Sequoia Capital China
- Ms Jessica Tan, Co-CEO & Executive Director , Ping An Group
Hong Kong Monetary Authority
29 October 2020
Is your business effected by Cyber Crime?
If a cyber crime or cyber attack happens to you, you need to respond quickly. Cyber crime in its several formats such as online identity theft, financial fraud, stalking, bullying, hacking, e-mail fraud, email spoofing, invoice fraud, email scams, banking scam, CEO fraud. Cyber fraud can lead to major disruption and financial disasters. Contact Digitpol’s hotlines or respond to us online.
Digitpol is available 24/7.
UK +44 20 8089 9944